Sunday, December 27, 2015

     We can do this! I have never ever been the cardio king but I feel like this is something I need to do to get me headed in the right direction. This will be far from PROFESSIONAL help in the world of fitness.  It will be more of an "ideas & tips" not a "you should be doing this" kinda deal.  I am not trying to set the world on fire with weight training, dieting, etc.  It may get to that but not right now.  Right now I needed a goal. Something I can see everyday.  It is not something that will be easy for me, but something that I have an INTEREST in doing and would like others to take the steps of going down this path of 1000 MILES of CARDIO in the calendar year 2016!
     Now before we get started let me share this.  I am an advisor and independent distributor of Advocare nutrition products.  This is not the place to share Advocare, Thrive, Level, GNC, or whatever else. You know I use it, you know I sell it, you know I make a little change on the side.  If you want to discuss it, hit me up on facebook, twitter, email, cell and we can get that done but please not here!
     Here is my first question.......
I am an Apple guy. Ipad/Iphone.  I have never looked for or used a fitness app.  Anybody have any experience with any. There has to be an easy way to keep up with our 1000 miles!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have used the couch to 5k and couch to 10k apps and really liked them. They start you off slow and ramp up to running a 5k, 10k, half marathon ect.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Runkeeper is a good one. I've also used C25K, couch 2 5k, as well. C25K will give you voice commands on when to jog and when to walk. It will ramp you up slowly so that by the end of the program, you're running the whole time. Now, if you want just a tracker of your activities, then Runkeeper is good. It tracks if you are walking, jogging, running, cycling, etc. It saves your time, pace, and even the route that you took. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the Nike app when I run outside, I don't think it has anything for tread mill running. It will keep track of distance

    ReplyDelete
  4. C25K is great. I've also used MapMyFitness and SworkIt Pro. SworkIt gives you different workout options... Cardio, Yoga, Strength, and Stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Nike + Running app. I love it! And it does keep track of treadmill running also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strava is good. You can keep up with different activities (run, bike, row, swim, elliptical, ect.). I use Nike for running but it is hard to track other activities with that app.

    ReplyDelete