Sunday, December 27, 2015

I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME!!!!!

Here is my plan.....
I know there will be days where I'm just not feeling it, or sick, or swamped or whatever other excuse we want to find. On the good days, where I have more than enough time, feel great, etc. I want to put some money in the mileage bank. 2016 is a leap year so we have 366 days.  If we simply averaged it out, we would need 2.73 miles a day to hit the target 1000. I'm not gonna get that done, but on those days I have to find a way to squeeze in a half a mile or a mile. Here is a chart to help figure time in a treadmill or elliptical as far as using the mph to figure how much time it will take. 
  • 3.0 mph = 20:00 minutes per mile
  • 4.0 mph = 15:00 minutes per mile
  • 4.5 mph = 13:20 minutes per mile
  • 5.0 mph = 12:00 minutes per mile
  • 5.5 mph = 10:55 minutes per mile
  • 6.0 mph = 10:00 minutes per mile
  • 6.5 mph = 9:14 minutes per mile
  • 7.0 mph = 8:34 minutes per mile
I'm not a blazer on the treadmill. I like to wak at 3.0 and use the incline function to get to get around 7.5-10 degrees to increase the heart rate. I'm gonna have to push myself to get to 6.0 mph to squeeze in those extra miles on "those days."

No comments:

Post a Comment